Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thursday, Part 2 Yummy in sooo many ways!

This is a picture of my "haul" from the Quilt run on Saturday. So many shops, so little time and money! I did my fair share though, don't you think? I am a one-person-economy-overhauler!!!! lol


The theme for this Quilter's Run was Carnival, I think. I'm over 50 you know! Every shop gave away Mardi Gras beads plus a pattern for a small quilt for each area. There are four areas and as I mentioned before, 42 shops. You can see from my bead collection that we hit quite a few shops. Eighteen so far. I got a few cuts of fabic on sale for quilt backs or a project they had in the shop or just because it was so stinkin' cute!!! hehe

Onto another kind of yummy..... Better Than Sex Cake. I think this title is only true for women. I made this dessert for my Bunco gathering last night. Here's how you make your very own goodness:

First you bake a chocolate cake according to the package directions. When it's done baking and cooling, mix 1 jar of Mrs. Richardson's Butterscotch ice cream topping with 1 can of sweetened condensed milk.

After the cake cools for about 15 minutes, you poke holes in it with a wooden spoon and pour the sweet goodness over the top and let it soak in. (Can you feel your pants get tighter?) lol

When it has completely cooled off, you top it with Cool Whip and crushed Heath candy bars (about 4-5). Cover and put in the fridge. This is yummy if you make it the day before so it can good and cold and so good for a summer dessert, except for that "baking" part. :o)

I served it with vanilla ice cream. It is DELICIOUS!!!!! There were twelve ladies at my house and my husband, who came in late and pretty much hid in the room. I'm sure this dessert was named by a woman because the ladies were moaning and groaning about how delicious it was. One even said she needed a cigarette! LOL

5 comments:

Terry said...

OMG...that cake sounds delicious! I'm printing out the recipe right now!

Conni said...

We have always made this cake, with rave reviews, too!! But we called it "Robert Redford" cake!

Barb said...

Wow, the cake sounds sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good and the haul you have is awesome....great stuff.

greetingarts said...

18! Wow, me and the girls only hit around 8 I think. So much to buy, so little MONEY!

greetingarts said...

And I'm not even going to talk about the cake. I'm just pretending I didn't see that. I had to scroll away at "sweetened condensed milk."