I got two sets of cherry blocks done in the last couple of days. This is for a swap. We're to use any cherry fabrics with Pimatex black. The block is called Swapper's Star from quilterscache.com.
I've got two more sets to do. This is my next set.
Getting my blocks the right size was a little tricky. It had to do, as always, with the 1/4" seam. I didn't realize how far over I had to move my fabric from the edge of my 1/4" foot to get a scant quarter inch seam allowance. Since it was quite a bit from the outside of the foot, I went ahead and stacked up some layers of painters tape to give me an edge to butt my fabric against and to insure a consistent seam allowance. It helped quite a bit!