Friday, July 10, 2009

Six shops, six bags!

Yesterday, the 2009 So. Cal Quilter's Run started. There are 42 shops participating this year! Whew! I am lucky to live in Orange County (CA) where I have shops within a few miles of me in every direction. I definitely won't get to all 42. I don't have the stamina OR the money! LOL

I hit three shops after work yesterday; Cozy Cottage, Calico House and Quilter's Garden. Don't you love quilt shop names? :o) Quilter's Garden is across the parking lot from Esther's Taco House. They have yummy Mexican food so I picked up an order to take home to the mister. After gobbling down dinner and chatting with him for a few minutes, I flew out of the house for three more shops. My husband said he knows I was sitting there with him because there was a puff of smoke where my body had been! hehe I went to Timeless Quilts, Bears Quilt Shop and Quilt Cupboard. Here's a picture of my goodies (so far).

The adorable vintage fabric in the back, which I've almost covered up, I think I'm going to make a new kitchen valance with that one. I got that at Cozy. I have a two yard piece I found at the last run a year ago. I had to think about it first. LOL The minty green fabric is flannel and I got that on sale for a baby quilt backing. The other two fabrics next to that were off the sale rack too. I thought I could use those for charity quilts. I loved that green chicken fabric. It's too cute.

I'm going to hit some of the shops down south with a friend and her dad tomorrow. That should be fun. I don't usually go that far but since they were going, I invited myself. :o)

4 comments:

paront1222@comcast.net said...

yay for shopping!!!
I LOVE that chicken fabric...which line is it? I'm kind of a chicken nut....

Yvette said...

Looks like you found a lot!!!

I am not making it on the run this year. :( I am saving all my strength for the Long Beach Quilt show. LOL!

You really should hit the new shop in Orange that opened. The Orange Quilt Bee. It is really coming along nicely.

I look forward to seeing what other goodies you come up with on your shopping spree.

Robin said...

wow! Great selection of goodies there, Liz! I've seen that chicken fab before and I had no idea the print was that large! I definitely gotta get me some now! Hope you run outta shops before you run outta money! LOL

Anonymous said...

I finished the whole run yesterday!

It's the first time I've done it. I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't have a plan -- just a sorta obsessive personality. ;>

You've mentioned some of the shops I liked the most. Quilters Garden had some killer homemade cookies and a great block. I really liked Timeless Quilts and nearly left with that green chicken fabric myself. ;>

If you go into Area 4 the 2 shops in Temecula are great and so is the one in Vista.

Flying Geese in Tustin is great and it's in Area 2.