Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Size does matter!

Did I get your attention? I'm a little punchy lately so that should explain this post. :o) I've been dragging since I went to help with my mom last weekend. I slept in her room and she gets up a lot during the night so I didn't get much sleep. And then that drive home kind of wiped me out. I haven't done much sewing since I got home so I thought I would chat about the size of things. (And I'm not talking about me!!)

Do you love mini things? Little things like miniature sewing machines, or like those Tupperware magnets that look like the real size bowls but they're itty bitty and oh so cute? I can't help myself. The other day I was at the dollar spot at Joann's and found little silver pots and pans, like for a child to play make believe but they were so stinkin' cute because they look just like the big ones mommy uses? Well, I like all of that kind of stuff. And that's why my house is a cluttery mess!! Too much stuff but I can't help myself.

I know a couple of people who are big USC fans. The other day I was in a paper store and saw these adorable napkins. They are about 4" tall and you can obviously use them to clean your hands or face but you can also stand them up to use as table decor. I bought a pack for my friend and now I need to go back and get another couple of packages for other peeps who asked for them.


And how about over sized things like my big buttons from Joann's last year? I saw they have them out again along with some other cute sewing room accents. Run to your nearest Joann's and get some cuteness of your own.

Are you in to recycling? Look at this. This is the lid to my boss's soup bowl she was heating up for lunch one day.

Do you think the designer was a quilter? Why four holes for steam and not 3 or 5? I don't know but it makes me wonder....... I probably make people wonder too while I'm digging around the trash!!! LOL I showed the Splenda packet for size comparison.

Well, I hope I'm back to my old self again tonight. I have lots of stuff to do. I found a fabric in my stash for the Sasquatch quilt. I can't wait to get that one off my to-do list!
Have a good day and if you find big stuff or little stuff in your house, let me know so I know I'm not the only nut in the world.

4 comments:

GraficWorld said...

Giro e rigiro mi ritrovo qui. Ti lascio un salutino.

http://templateelenagrafica.blogspot.com/

Conni said...

I have lots of "big and little" at my house...big piles of stuff here, little time to sew there...LOL!!! The napkins are cute...I saw something similar at a party supply store...there were wedding dresses and baby onesies and such. Too cute!

Michelle said...

I love miniatures...prolly why my house is cluttery too. :) My JoAnn's was sold out again of those buttons. The saleslady said they were gone within hours of opening that first day. Bummer...

ojaiquilter said...

Needless to say you got my attention! Hey who is Dual and why is he commenting in Italian?
I am sending this to Greg to translate. I will let you know what he said! lol