Sunday, June 6, 2010

Busy weekend

I have had the pattern for this tidy tote for a long time and it seems I have made one for each of my sewing buddies. I started this one up at the condo in Lake Arrowhead but didn't remember the lace, velcro or glue gun. So I finished it last night. It's for my friend Susan who went with us up there. I should be done making them unless I make some new sewing friends. :o)

And on Saturday, I went to my friend Sherrie's house and quilted this quilt for my daughter Kelley. The main part of the quilt was made out of all scraps from my scrap basket and some fat quarters she had. The piano key border adn two outer borders were purchased.

I just did a simple meander all over it. It's for her queen size bed. Man, what a beast it was. I'm so used to little lap quilts. Whew, it felt good to get it done though.

And Sherrie left this little gift for me in her sewing room. She was out of town when I was there quilting. Isn't it adorable! I already put it in my spatula pitcher and it looks so cute!!!

Off to work on my nine patch/snowball quilt. It's coming along. I'm doing little flowers in the snowball blocks. It's looking pretty cute, if I do say so myself. :o) Hope you had a great weekend.

3 comments:

Terry said...

What a cool spatula! Love the quilt and the little tidy tote too! I must make myself one of those! Have a great day! :0)

Karen said...

I noticed on a comment you made on Backporch Friends that you have a blog. I came over for a quick peek. I noticed the cherry fabric on the spatula. Cute!

The Other Barb said...

what a cute tote! the quilt is beautiful & the spatula is adorable. Nice work!