Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Scrappy Swap

About a year ago, I received a mailer from McCall's Quilting to subscribe to their magazine. Inside was a free pattern sheet for a quilt and it was called Scrappity Do Dah. I liked the block and it's super easy to do. It kind of wastes a little fabric but I like the scrappy look without doing lots of cutting and sewing like a string quilt. We are having a swap over on the Backporch (my Yahoo group) and the blocks are due October 1st so I'm trying to get mine done and move on to other projects. Here is a picture of four sets (of 12) I did a few nights ago. I already finished two more sets so I just have four more to go.

I did this sample layout on my EQ7 quilting program just to give the ladies who are swapping an idea of what the quilt might look like.

And today I received an email newsletter from a local quilt shop with this book for sale, Vintage Journey by Jo Morton. It looks like a similar block but those look like signature blocks. Pretty cute!
Gotta get those blocks done because my friend is planning a sewing day on Saturday. Looks like I'll be hauling everything AND the kitchen sink to go play. Now to toss the names of all my UFO's into a hat and see what I'm taking to work on!!!!! lol

1 comment:

The Other Barb said...

love the look of these blocks. another great way to use up scraps.