Friday, September 10, 2010

The Birthday Boy, cuttin' and sewin'

Yesterday was my hubby's birthday. The family went out to PF Changs for dinner. Yum! We were pretty stuffed after our meal but I still ordered their Banana Spring Rolls for dessert (six warm, crispy bites with coconut-pineapple ice cream drizzled with caramel and vanilla sauce and sprinkled with berries) because we couldn't make the Birthday Boy share his little itty-bitty complimentary chocolate mousse dessert. :o)

Then, we all had a little fortune cookie. We all read ours out loud and Richard was last to read his. This man is all about numbers and luck, and look at what his fortune said....

When he first read it, I swore he was pulling my leg!! Last year, his birthday was 09/09/09 so we went to Las Vegas. We had fun but the numbers didn't help us any. I still think he should go buy a lotto ticket this week, don't you? :o)

And just so you don't think all I'm doing is sitting around twiddling my thumbs and eating spring rolls, here are a couple of pics of what I've been doing in the evenings. These "parts" are for a scrappy swap I'm hostessing on Backporch Friends. It's from a free handout from McCall's Quilting.


And I'm STILL working on my last block from the Berry Picking BOM. I can feel me getting closer to the end!!!!! I might have a quilt top ready to be quilted one day soon. "I think I can, I think I can!!"

I don't really have any plans this weekend. I would like to get in my sewing room and clean up a couple of piles that have not put themselves back into the closet. The nerve! lol Have a great weekend everyone!!

4 comments:

greetingarts said...

Don't you kinda *love* weekends that are unplanned and not all filled up already? I've got one of those this weekend, too, and I'm really excited about it! This school stuff is kicking my butt!

Happy birthday, Richard!

ojaiquilter said...

I'm with Richard, you don't have to share on your birthday!! What does the block look like of your swap? Have fun this weekend.

The Other Barb said...

love PF Changs!

Monica said...

Your Berry Pickin' Party is really coming along beautifully. Thank you for continuing to share your progress.

You've been selected for a Sunshine Blogger Award!
Please go to this post to learn the details.
http://diaryofaquiltmaven.blogspot.com/2010/09/you-are-my-sunshine.html