Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11 and Hailee's Centerpiece

I keep my American flag flying all the time but today, it had more meaning. Today, it was for all those families who try to live every day after 9/11. It's hard to believe it was nine years ago. Bless all of the friends and family of anyone who was affected that day.

My friend Debbie asked me to make a centerpiece for her daughter's baby shower. I used my Cricut Personal cutter and a couple of different cartridges. It needed a little something after the shapes were cut so I added some glitter glue and curly ribbon and I'm happy how it came out.


Most of the shapes were cut with the New Arrival cartridge. The baby bottle in the back right was from the Doodlecharms cartridge because it was way cuter than the one in the New Arrival cartridge.

The paper was from the Nana's Nursery paper pack that I got at Joann's and the solid paper is from Stampin' Up! I used my Big Shot and the polka dot embossing plate on a few of the solid color pieces to give them a little dimension (like the pink flower).

The "It's a Girl" saying is a one button cut. Those make cutting easy but what's even better is that they are super easy to glue down because these little 'cheater buttons' are usually attached letters. I ran the letters through my xyron machine with permanent adhesive. I love using that for letters. It's easy to run them through the machine and they are ready to position on your project. My sister Isabel tells me I have all the toys. I don't have them 'all' but the ones I have, I like using.

The letters for Hailee's name were cut using the Alphalicious cartridge. And below is a better shot of the cute baby bottle.

This took me all day but it's okay, I was having fun playing with my toys. :o) Now to clean up so I can play with fabric tomorrow!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

That's very cute, Liz...you are multi-talented! :)

paront1222@comcast.net said...

Very cute Liz! I don't know that I'd have the patience to do all that work!
Peggy

stampinvixen said...

Absolutely adorable...is there no end to your fantastic talents woman!

The Other Barb said...

this is so cute Liz! My friend & I have used the New Arrival cartirdge to make baby cards. I'm going to having her visit your blog to see this centerpiece!