Saturday, May 30, 2009

And it's not even my birthday....

Yesterday I went over to Cozy Cottage in hopes they would have fabric to coordinate with my little charm top I blogged about yesterday. It took a while but with the help of one of the employees, I got two pretty little fabrics for borders. I'll try and get those sewed on today but I have some "chores" to do. I'm glad to say at least I have the name of the fabric line (in case you're curious). It's Darla by Tanya Whelan for Free Spirit. Whew, what a mouth full, huh? :o) Look what I got!

They had an adorable cherry apron panel that I got, some light fabrics for backgrounds and a cute little nursery rhyme print with a cow jumping over the moon. :o)

Then, my hubby got home yesterday from going to MO for work. He went to St. Charles and found a quilt shop. Whatta guy huh? He bought me these little treasures....

Woohoo, I'm telling ya, he's a keeper!! In case you need an explanation of what everything is, here's the breakdown: A little country picture, a Tulip of black and white fat quarters, a little flower pincushion (on a golf tee), a redwork pattern of the shop, a historic building, a red and white block, looks like a BOM because it has the fabric in there too. I think It'll make a nice pillow. La La La Laaaaa, I love goodies! :o)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz, He did a great job! You definitely want to keep this guy.

I think I was in a quilt shop in St. Charles once or twice but it was years before I started quilting. I need to go there again!

3anklebiters said...

what fantastic gifties! he deserves extra dessert this week. whenever we see a QS my hubby just drives faster.

Unknown said...

Glad we could be of service!!! That apron panel is sooo cute! I need one too!

Sorry I missed you! Kris

Yvette said...

You lucky gal! Does he have a single brother? LOL

I have yet to hit Cozy Cottage. Maybe tomorrow. :)

Michelle said...

What a wonderful hubby you have! My husband is wonderful too, but I don't think he'd have a clue what to buy in a quilt shop. :P