Saturday, June 15, 2013

One Little Indian

My boss's daughter graduated this past week.  She attended the same high school as my girls did, Fullerton High School, home of the Fullerton Indians.  Because my girls went there, I purchased some fabric several years ago from a local quilt shop.  I guess it was part of a fundraising effort to make Hawaiian shirts from the bolts of fabric which was printed at Hoffman Fabrics here in Mission Viejo, CA.  I made my boss a quilt a few years ago as a panel quilt as she is an alumni of the high school also.
 
Anyway I decided to make a little make-up bag using that same pattern I did a while back for all the craft show bags.  Mariah, the graduate, is going to a college in Georgia so I thought she could use the bag for all her power cords for her travels.  I put the attachment on my machine to do some grid quilting.
 
 
Here is the finished bag. This side shows the Indian and the school name.

 
 
And this side shows the Hawaiian theme print and the words "Tribe" as in Tribe Spirit.

 
I whipped up a card for the Open House today.  I used an older Stampin' Up set for the "hats off" and another set for the Congratulations.
 
 

Here is a little tag I made to go on the bag.  I tucked in a little green stuff for the rest of her graduation gift.  :)


1 comment:

The Other Barb said...

Great gift...& love the card too :)
Never saw an attachment like you used for "grid work" . Must look for that!