Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Long Beach Antique Flea Market

A friend of mine "liked" the Long Beach Antique Flea Market on facebook.  I have been there once so I liked it too thinking I would get updates on upcoming events.  Well, wouldn't you know, this past Sunday was one of the events.  hehe  Another friend saw that I "liked" LBAFM and she did too.  Next thing you know, we were going together.  :o)

I drove to her house and we got there at 7:30.  That was perfect because it was not too early, nice and cool and not too much of a crowd.  As the morning progressed, we decided to leave.  It was getting warm, maybe low 80's and we were getting hungry.  Neither one of us had eaten anything.

Soooo, these are the treasures I walked away with.  Two trips to the car!  lol


You can't tell from the photo, I don't think, but the white chairs are about 2' tall.  They reminded me of little ice cream parlor chairs and I will paint them and put a cushion on them for my little granddaughter....who won't be able to use them for about 3-4 years.  lol  I want to be prepared.  :)  I put the teal nightstand in my new little bedroom I moved into when my daughter moved in.  I stacked the picnic tin on top of another one I had in the corner of the dining room.  The little red table is on the patio as an end table and the shopping cart...I'm not sure about that yet.  I think I will make a canvas liner and I'm not sure if I'll use it as a shopping cart or use it in my sewing room to hold rolls of paper, batting, etc.

I have put a dust ruffle on my new bed since this picture was taken but this is where my little night table is sitting.  I love it.  I think a little lamp would be cute on here but that is my mom's jewelry box my sisters gave me when she passed away so I want to keep it close.

 
I would love to go back to the flea market again but with the summer months coming, I don't know...  We'll just have to see if I can stand it knowing all those treasures are there now.  :)
 

No comments: