Sunday, June 9, 2013

How does your garden grow?

Mine starts with a trip to the nursery and a call to the gardener.  :o)  Since my back surgery, I haven't really done too much of the 'reaching' kind of planting.  Heck, he had it done before I would've gotten my shovel! 
 
Before....
 
 
After.  I picked up two flats of zinnias.  Gotta love the colors!

 
While I was in Turkey, he brought over a peach tree.  I don't know why but I thought okay, I like peaches.  lol  So, nectarines on the right, peaches on the left and apricots on the far left, out of the picture.  It's a little yard but maybe we can have some fruit next summer.


While he planted the zinnias, I did mending until there was some shade.  I planted some dahlias, petunias and portulaca in one planter.

 
Had some left over so planted this little pot.

 
This one on one side of the back door,

 
And this for the other side.

 
I put one by the front door and gave the rest of the flat to my neighbor.  I didn't have any more potting soil or containers.  lol  I guess a flat was too many.  I can't wait for them to fill in and bloom some more.  It was just beautiful here today.  Hope you got some sunshine on your end of the planet too.  :o)