Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Make-up bags, check!


Hi there.  Got some of my little make-up bags done for the craft show on Saturday.  I finished 14 so that should be a nice contribution to my daughters' table.  They asked me to pitch in with a few items to fill in empty space and offer a little variety from what they make.  Stephanie does hair bows, headbands and handcrafted cards and Kelley sells framed illustrations and various things like postcards and patterns. 

I love the pattern I used, Little Glam Bag by Pink Sands Beach Designs.  It is so easy.  My only problem is I bought my zippers online in bulk and not all of them measured 7".  So....that means some of them have a cute little accent piece on each end of the zipper and on some bags, I went through all that work for nothing.  The zippers were a bit longer so the accent piece is hidden.  Sigh....


You use such a small amount of fabric, it's a great way to use up pieces from your scrap basket.


I used some "freebie" fabrics too.  My sister gave me a bunch of scraps from a little boutique that makes bags and kids clothes.  The pink car fabric in the back corner was from that bunch.


I love the bra and panty fabric too.  I've had it for a long time and used it for a few bags for the bridesmaid gifts for my daughter's wedding last year.  You can see the big bag on this post.

The only other thing I was going to try to get done, was to make some pin cushions.  The craft show is at a quilt shop, Orange Quilt Bee in Orange, CA. 

4 comments:

Robin said...

Those are so cute Liz! hope you do well at the show!!

Impera Magna said...

Love the little make-up bags! So cute... I know they will sell quickly!

Reusable Bags said...

Different colors of bags very nice

Conni said...

Cute bags, Liz!