Thursday, April 26, 2012

Yooohoooo!

Argh....I've been busy doing different goodies and obviously not blogging. 

I decided I "had" to clean my sewing room so I started making piles on the floor to re-file my fabrics from bridesmaid bags, craft projects, etc.  And then I started to work on some other projects before I actually got anything put away.  Sigh........THIS.....is still waiting for me!  lol

I swapped out some blocks for my Yahoo group.  I think I have enough of these blocks to make a nice size quilt.  I have to go in search on my other blocks I did the last two swaps to see just how many blocks I have.  I can't wait to go to my retreat next month, not only to see my friends in Indiana but also to get some sewing time to play with these blocks!


Some of the things I've been doing while being "absent" the last few weeks is I made some table cards for my friend's daughter's wedding.  I printed the wording with my computer on cardstock and then cut a little embellishment out with my Cricut machine.  I got the pretty rose paper at Michael's.

The bride-to-be will have a photo booth and asked for a sign they could hold up to put in their thank you notes.  I cut several signs but didn't remember to take a photo of the finished product.  I cut apart the Mr. & Mrs. and put the couples new married last name underneath it, I did the "just married" on the other side of the sign and did a few different fonts that said "thank you" so they could have a variety.


I went and helped my friend Anna put together some favor boxes for her nieces wedding she's going to next month.  The wedding is on the east coast so she packed these all up to be mailed and they'll add the little flower on top once the boxes are filled with chocolates. 

She cut the shapes out with the Top Note die from Stampin' Up! and we glued two match boxes inside.  The will fill them with eight Hershey's Nuggets.  They aren't glued down yet so they're a little wonky.  :o)





Then....I had purchased a onesie die and cut out about 100 of these little cuties.  My girls are doing a craft show in a few weeks so I thought I would make some "clotheslines" to sell.  I will include 10 onesies, the bakers twine and clothespins.  I made about seven 'kits' for either a boy, girl or generic nursery print cardstock.  This onesie isn't a finished one.  After this photo, I added three little brads where the snaps would go.  They're so darn cute!!!


And FINALLY back in the sewing room!!!  I cut out enough 'kits' for 14 make up bags for the craft show.  I am using the Little Glam Bag pattern.  It's so easy and uses such a small amount of fabric, it's perfect to clean up the scraps in my stash.  Too bad it didn't even make a dent!


Soooo, will all of this to do, I might be gone for another little bit but I will try not to wait too long to post again. 

No comments: