Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Dog day at Fourth Street (and other stuff)

This is my boss Donna. That beast at her feet is her "favorite" pooch, Duke. Her other dog is a brown lab named Kona. Last week Duke had a "hair" appointment and got shaved because he was too hot with his poodle do'. The housekeeper was at their house so Duke had to come to the office for a while. When Donna talks about Duke, her voice goes up about three octaves. She says he's a sweet boy. They keep saying I hate dogs. It's genetic. I get that from my parents. But they softened as they got older so there's still hope for me.

Then yesterday, Becca, my co-worker, brought in her dog. I guess you could call it a dog. LOL

Her name is Nicki. As you can tell, she's a Chihuahua. She is really cute. Donna had been asking Becca to bring in her dog so she could see her. Nicki seemed to like Donna's toes. This was a good shot to show you how tiny she is. And she's quick. It was hard to get a still shot of her but Becca's daughter got this one. Makes you want Taco Bell, doesn't it? :o)))

Okay, enough about those two legged people and four legged creatures....

I wanted to share a couple of cute things I got. First, this gift that Donna picked up on a shopping trip she did this past weekend. There was a Sur La Table at a shopping center she went to and these bowls were on sale. She brought me and Becca one. Woohoo! Too adorable, and the saying is one you've heard before, "Life is just a bowl of cherries!" The design is painted on the outside of the bowl too but no words.

Then, because of the three muskateers, Peggy, Robin and Michelle (mostly the first two), I signed up for a Crabapple BOM through Quilting Bits and Pieces. I guess it was a good move.....

The embroidery designs are typical Crabapple, BEAUTIFUL. This is the first kit with all the floss. Some of the fabrics have a shine to them. It should be a pretty quilt. A finished quilt. That will remain to be seen. :o)

2 comments:

Barb said...

Your email made me smile this morning, the contrast between the two dogs....

Robin said...

cute doggies!! And Liz, yer GONNA finish that BOM with us!! LOL it may take us awhile too, so you're not alone! LOL