Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Baby Bib Card

My boss asked me if I would make a card for a baby shower she'll be going to.  This was the perfect opportunity to make another little bib card like the one I made for Becca's shower this past weekend.  I can't believe it but I forgot to take a picture!  I should've put it up against a cute baby fabric and not my Halloween table runner, or better yet, not to use my little tree for a hanger but when you're sharing in a rush, you do what you have to do.  Note to self:  Must work on my props.  lol
 
 
I used the large circle scallop die from Stampin' Up.  I cut my paper at about 4"x8" and fold it in half.  I set the fold below the scallop so it wouldn't cut all the way through the card.  This card has been around for a long time.  there's probably a tutorial around for it on youtube but honestly, if I can figure it, anybody can.  ;o)
 
 

 

I ran it through the big shot using the striped embossing folder.  I stamped one of the few baby images I had and then used punches to cut out and layer the design.  I used a dimensional dot to pop it off the card.  Also, I used eyelets on the top layer of the card to thread the ribbon through and tied a knot on the inside of the card.  I didn't do this on the original card I did last Saturday.  I just did a 1/8" hole but I think this looks a little bit better.

 
I stamped a sentiment inside and wah-lah, all done.

 
 


I went fabric shopping yesterday to get some "young" styles for the next craft show.  Found a mustache fabric that I just had to have.  And a few others.  Guess I'll be working on little stuff for the next week. 
 
 

1 comment:

The Other Barb said...

Great bib card.I personally like the Halloween props in the background :)