Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Shopping Extravaganza!!

I started this post two weeks ago....got a little busy and realized I never published it.  DOH!!!!
 
We should all be very excited in Southern California.  We have Hobby Lobby stores in our area now!  Woohoo!!!!  Now "THIS" is a craft store!!  I have a feeling HL is going to give Michael's a run for their money.
 
I met my three girls a few weeks ago and went to the new HL in Huntington Beach.  OMG, we were all in Heaven.  Well, except for my youngest who isn't very crafty.  lol  If we were the Spice Girls I would be Crafty Mama Spice, Kelley would be Artsy Spice, Stephanie would be Crafty Junior Spice and Ashley would be...Sporty Spice?  She loves a good deal, maybe she could be Bargain Shopper Spice...lol.  


We all got a few "deals", supplies and things we couldn't live without.  lol  The girls went back home but Stephanie asked me if I wanted to go with her to Fabric Barn in Long Beach.  You would think Fabric Barn would sell fabric.  They do but very little.  It's the ribbon mecca store, wedding supplies, crafting supplies, etc.  So off we went to keep shopping.  Stephanie makes headbands and hair accessories and the ladies at work buy them for their little girls so she needed a little inventory.  Here is a peek at just a few of the choices.

 
And because these pictures aren't perfectly clear, you might not be able to see the prices but they are usually about $2.00/$2.50 a spool for 25 yards!  And the choices.....needless to say, pretty good selection.
 
 
THEN, as if that wasn't enough shopping......on Sunday morning I went to see my sister who was visiting her son and daughter-in-law.  When I got home my husband asked me if I wanted to go to Ikea and get the bookcase I had been wanting to get for the spare bedroom where I keep my paper/stamping supplies.  Sigh........I was just down the street from there but I didn't balk at the chance to get the corner of that room organized and off we went.  This one is the smaller of the Expedit bookcases.  I was a little disappointed the polka dot boxes didn't fit two on a shelf.  I didn't think to measure them (duh) but my photo boxes fit on top of them so it'll do.
 

 
With that crazy site, Pinterest, I have been saving containers for crafting/gift giving and needed a place to put all those things.  I've got those (tins, boxes, crystal light containers, etc.) in the clear boxes from Costco.  That helped clean up this corner very nicely. 
 
Since this redo in the room, I went on a retreat and got a big quilt top finished.  I'll try to post those pictures tomorrow.  I'm really happy how it came out.

2 comments:

The Other Barb said...

Guess I'll have to book a flight to Ca & come shop at a Hobby Lobby & the Fabric Barn~

Conni said...

Wowza! Look at all those spools of ribbon! Note to self: go to Fabric Barn on next trip to CA! Thanks for sharing, Liz.