Thursday, September 1, 2011

Chugging along

Slow and steady wins the race, right? :o) I have been playing with my paper crafts and also doing some sewing. I thought I would share a gadget I've been using recently. I got these when I was on vacation in AZ last month. My sis and I found these Wonder Clips by Clover.


I had the chance to use them quite a bit recently on the bags I'm working on for my daughter's wedding. Yes, I'm still working on them!! lol But I'm making progress.
This bag has curved binding on the top edge so I sewed it on one side with the machine and then hand tacked it on the inside. That is where the clips came in handy. I can see using them for quilt binding too. They're sturdy little clips, like a sturdy clothespin, and the bent piece holds onto thick fabric hugging the binding just right. I'd give them two thumbs up! :o)


This is bag #6 that I finished tonight!! I'm not going to show the entire picture in case my daughter's friends read my blog. I doubt they do but better safe than sorry.
That's it for this check-in. I don't have any real plans this long holiday weekend so I'm hoping to finish up the bags and mark them off my list of things to do. I gave myself until the end of August to finish them and I have missed that deadline. Pooh! But I would be okay if I got them done by the end of the weekend. Have a good one and I hope you have some play-time too! :o)

1 comment:

The Other Barb said...

Those clips look like a great "find".

P.s. Happy belated Anniversary