Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Liz! It's your birthday. What are you going to do?

I'm going to Disneyland!!! Well, I actually "went" to Disneyland and it was a great day. My daughter Stephanie has an annual pass so she offered to take me there if I could get off work early. I did, I was, we did. :o)

It was a perfect day at the Happiest Place on Earth. A wonderful 73 degrees and a very light crowd. Perfect!

Sleeping Beauty's Castle was beautiful with the lights on.

There was a lot that was different from 23 years ago, when I was last at Disneyland. Hard to believe, I know. And I live 10 minutes from the place. Ridiculous. But Main Street looked about the same. And they still have an ice cream shop so of course, we had to have a sundae to celebrate my big day.

As we were leaving, Stephanie said we had to get on the sidewalk so I could see the display windows. She wanted me to see one in particular. My girls sure know their mama. :o)

And my oldest daughter's best friend shares my birthday today so I looked online for a greeting to send her. These Youtube videos are cute. Ahhh, such creative minds. Happy Birthday Brenda. Gobots and silly little dog.

5 comments:

Angela said...

Happy birthday sugar. May I have a poster of the top pic please. Actually I am thinking all your frineds might like this!!! :o)

ojaiquilter said...

O.K. now for sure I'm going to Disneyland as soon as I have enough money!!!!

greetingarts said...

I had no idea that was your first time back in so long! Glad you had a magical time, it really does make you feel happy and carefree, doesn't it? Especially when you're not pushing a stroller and having to take someone to the potty every fifteen minutes! :0)

Michelle said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a fun day!

Terry said...

Happy Birthday Liz! What a fun day! I went to Disneyland when I was 5 and again when I was 10. I'd love to be able to go back again someday!