Sunday, January 18, 2009

I shopped til I dropped....

Really! Man, my feet never hurt so bad. I thought my little sketchers would be fine but ouch, not the best choice to wear for a day of shopping and quilt watching. I put over 200 pictures of the Road to California on my webshots page. If you'd like to see some gorgeous quilts, check it out here. You won't be sorry, I'm sure.
And even though I thought I didn't possibly need even one fat quarter and didn't know what I would spend my money on, I managed to find a few things.

I did my part for the economy. :o) I guess you could see that, huh? I tried to get a few things from my local shop, Cozy Cottage, to help support them and the rest was easy findings. Got a couple of kits that were too cute to pass up. It was great fun with my sister Isabel. I'll post a few pictures tomorrow from our class with Sharyn Craig, Hands All Around, and our mini feathered star.
Today, I got in my sewing room and tried to put things away and get some cleaning done. This is something that has been driving me crazy and I got to it today.

This is a half piece of a ceiling tile (those white cottage cheese looking things from offices). I have a couple layers of batting and then a piece of muslin over it. It's the perfect size to press little pieces of fabric or fat quarters and I can put it on the side of my cutting table when not needed.
This is what it looks like now. Ahhhhhhhhhhh. Isn't it purdy? (It doesn't take much to make me happy. lol)

And this is why I needed to replace the muslin.
I couldn't put these adorable little aprons on that ugly stained ironing surface. I bought these at Road. They were precut and go with a little pattern to make a wall hanging. The pattern and aprons were sold separately. I figured since my sister had matched up the apron with the tie fabric before she left, I would go ahead and iron them on the square of fabric for the background. You need a 4 1/2" square piece for the background so I pulled some white on white charms from a swap and ironed them down.

I will save them like this for now since I'm trying to get a few ufo's done. I'm still not sure if I'll do the blanket stitch by hand or by machine.
Well, just wanted to catch up on "stuff". Back to my quilting.

6 comments:

Barb said...

no, you didn't buy much...

love the aprons...

Conni said...

Those little aprons are adorable!

Anita said...

Quilt shows are so much fun - love all the goodies you bought!

3anklebiters said...

love the aprons. hey, it's your money, use it how you want to.

Laura-IH said...

That was nice of you--buying a couple of little things to help the economy. I'm sure our new Pres appreciates it! ; )

I love the pink goodies you got.

AND I love the apron blocks! So sweet! I have a similar project on my UFO list. Maybe we will both be able to finish ours and compare! : )

Terry said...

Great stuff you got at the quilt show! And I love those little aprons! They're just so cute! :0)