Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Busy Card Making...

My daughter Stephanie and I went to a card workshop with another demonstrator.  This woman is at management level with Stampin' Up! and the workshop was for card ideas for hosting workshops.  Me and Stephanie signed up to make three of each of four designs and man, oh man, it was like a card making marathon!!!!  We were exhausted when we got home.  lol  They were sure pretty though.  Thank you Linda for a great card making day!


This card was made with scrap strips of paper.  I know how to make fun quilt blocks with scraps and I save my paper scraps just like I do my fabric.  Now I have a project to actually put those paper strips to good use.  This card was made using adhesive sheets and placing one long strip of paper diagonally across the middle of the card and then place strips randomly, changing directions.  I love this card.  The color, the design (reminds me of a quilt!) and the paper.  This paper pack and the stamped images are from the Sale-a-bration special going on right now.  If you wanna see, you can look here.

 

This card was made using the Sweet Shop paper and Sweet Cake stamp set (the cupcake).  They even have scented embossing powder now and we embossed the frosting with a cherry scent.  Smells as good as it looks!!  :o)  We embossed this card with the Perfect Polka Dots folder and cut out that cute shape with the Labels framelets.


This was my first time doing this type of card.  The outside looks like a regular greeting card. 


But here's the inside.  I love it.  I'm going to try and make some more of these before I forget how.  lol


For this card, we stamped Whisper White craft ink on black card stock. We colored (and not very carefully) with Watercolor crayons and then did little highlights with the UniBall Signo gel pen and embellishments.


Multiply each of these cards by three and you can see why I said it was a marathon!  It started getting late so we were just stamping and coloring and then took everything home to do the assembly and finish up.  Sheesh....these "hobbies" are getting more and more like work.  LOL  Okay, not really but you know what I mean.

Til next time.....

1 comment:

The Other Barb said...

These cards are all so pretty! Especially like the "quilt-looking" card. I just threw away several strips are printed paper thinking "what was I going to do with just a strip. " Oh well.I'll start saving again.