Monday, March 12, 2012

Pinterest...well burst my bubble!!!!


By now,  most people have heard of Pinterest.  There was even a big story about it on our news the other day and sad to say, I am not in the demographic they cater to but whatever.  Unless you're talking about baby-boomers, walkers or medicare, I am not in most demographics!!  lol....just kidding, sort of!

My artsy daughter told me about hearing something 'through the grapevine' about Pinterest so I checked it out.  I'm sure I am not the only one who signs up for stuff online and when it comes to the mass amount of info that is in the "Terms", we just click on "yes" and go on our merry way to play on that site.  Well, this was quite an eye opener to this "I Love Pinterest" pinner. 

When you pin something on Pinterest, it belongs to them, to SELL at their discretion.  For someone who writes quilt patterns or has a copyright on something, or an artist or illustrator like my daughter, I thought this could be a baaaad situation.  Check out this article to see what you think.

I'm still thinkin' cuz I LOVE that site......

No comments: