Sunday, July 11, 2010

Class with Darlene Zimmerman

The Orange County Guild holds a quilter's camp every other year to alternate with our quilt show. My sister and I took a class called Finishing School by Darlene Zimmerman. It focused on edges from her book The Quilter's Edge. It was an excellent class and both me and my sister feel like we will add scallop borders, flanges and wavy borders to quilts now.

This is a sample of her bunny ears scallop border.

Darlene was helping Isabel with the bias binding on the scallop border. She sure made it easy!


One of the many quilts Darlene brought with her. Adorable!

And here's Darlene encouraging....um, yeah, that's it.....her top pupil. LOL

Gotta go finish sewing before I get in more trouble. :o)

1 comment:

The Other Barb said...

Looks like a great class to attend. Always wondered how to make those scalloped edges.Pretty quilts!