Saturday, February 6, 2010

Little Dresses

I've seen little dresses created into quilts on blogs like Holly's blog and even have a few patterns like Darcy's Dresses and one for mini aprons. Well, I got to thinking the other day that I wanted to do a swap for the online group I do so I started playing in EQ6. The more I started designing, the more this was looking like a dress from the 50's or something Lucy Ricardo would wear. So I called the swap "I Love Lucy" and printed up a pattern to sew up and see how it looked. This was my result.

As I was stitching it up, I was getting excited. It was coming out so cute. Yay!! Then I thought about laying on some embellishments like buttons. So I did that. And then I pictured a little corsage so I traced a circle on scrap fabric from the bottom of a spool and made a yoyo corsage. How's that?

And just so you get some perspective of how nimble my gigantor fingers had to get, here is a flower head pin next to the yoyo corsage. :o)

We'll do the dresses in 30's prints so they should come out pretty cute. They're not due until May 1st so I'll probably go back to this project after I do a few ufo's. I've decided the thing I do the best is juggle.....projects, that is!
I went to my friend Neena's house today to make cards. I'll post the adorable projects we made tomorrow.

3 comments:

Barb said...

How cute.....looks like alot of fun too!!!

Pat said...

Oh...I just LOVE that dress pattern you made!!!

3anklebiters said...

Lucy is one of my all-time favorites and i love this swap idea.