Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas

I hope you had a wonderful and blessed Christmas. Ours was wonderful. We went camping (in a rented RV) on Saturday and came home Tuesday. That created a great big mess of unpacking but I was able to get everything done before Christmas Eve when the kids came over.

I think our girls (and guys) enjoyed everything they got for Christmas. I got some small homemade goodies done for the girls, like potholders in their kitchen colors and got a simple quilt done for my boss.
My daughter Kelley, the starving artist :o) also got some homemade gifts made for everyone for Christmas. This first one is for her sister Stephanie, who can't have enough pink!

She drew little outfits on decorative paper, cut them out and put them on a clothesline. Adorable, don't you think? Me too.....and Stephanie LOVED it! I told Kelley she should get some things like this made and put them on etsy! I don't think she would be starving anymore. I might need to be her agent. Agents nag their clients to get things done, don't they? LOL
This was my gift and it almost made me cry. I just see so much potential in Kelley, and creativity. I am in awe with what she comes up with. Maybe I'm a biased momma.
I don't know if you can see it, but the button that the little girl is bending over to pick (or smell) is a rose.
Below is Richard's gift. When they were younger, he coached all of the girls when they played softball. That always makes a good subject matter for a picture for her Dad. Kelley's spitting seeds, Stephanie's drinking from a sipper bottle and Ashley's got her glove, ready to play. :o)

Kelley also drew two other pictures for our other daughter Ashley and her boyfriend, Dave a little portrait but the pictures were too dark or out of focus. I'll try and get a picture of those and post them.
My family of about 30 are coming over tomorrow to celebrate Christmas and give our mama lots of presents. She's 82 now and time with her is precious. That will be the last of our Christmas celebrating. I've got to go finish baking a few batches of cookies or cupcakes to add to the baked goods I've got done already. And those that my husband hasn't eaten!!! :o)

4 comments:

Conni said...

Man Oh, Man, Oh, Man!! Your daughter is oozing with so much talent!! I know I'd be a customer if she had an Etsy shop!!! Then I'd be the starving!!! LOL!!! What beautiful treasures for your family!

ojaiquilter said...

those are sooo cute. I think the girls all look like themselves too. I agree these need to be on Etsy!!

Robin said...

Those are some great gifts, Liz! Your daughter is SO talented!!!

3anklebiters said...

you aren't too biased, she is talented. i would buy one of the little pink clothesline pictures for my daughters. it is adorable.