Now for the borders. I tried this one but it didn't 'hit' me. There yellow print just blends in with the seed packet fabric.
Then I put a red polka dot against the quilt and the yellow gingham on the outside. It kind of works but the scale seems too small.
Then I tried the red with this green because I had quite a bit of it. Still wrong and even smaller in scale so no-go. If these were my only two choices, the yellow is better. So at this point, I emailed pictures to my sister, Isabel. I needed a second set of eyes. And of course, the genius said, "Try the green with that seed packet fabric."
I told her I never would've thought of this combination but the green matches the seed print perfectly and there is just enough contrast to see when one print stops and the other print starts. And I bought this seed packet fabric specifically for this project so it's nice that it worked out without having to make any other purchases. I'm hoping I have enough cherry fabrics left that I can sew them all together for the backing. I'll see how it goes.
I've got to pack tonight for a retreat I'm going to on Wednesday. I might take this one with me to get the borders and back ready for quilting.