Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Somebody stop me!!!!!!!!!!!

I got the Joann's sale flyer in the mail today. And after dinner, off I went. Sometimes I can't even find anything to use my coupons for but not today....

Aren't these buttons freakin' adorable??? I saw some similar in a Pottery Barn catalog about six months ago for a kajillion dollars. Of course the ones in the catalog were carved out of solid wood. These are some sort of ceramic product and made in China. Not to get all political but I had read some things recently about trying to keep our $$ in America for products we make and thought I would try to make a conscientious effort to do so. I got weak! LOL And politics went right out the window. :o) They were 40% off. The large one is 12" and ran around $12.00 and the smaller ones are 8" and were about $10. I got extras to give some to my sister Isabel. But when I got home the little ones look like they will fit above my window so I might have to go back after she sees these pictures. Oh darn. hehe
Then I found these Debbie Mumm decorative thimbles. And guess what? 50% off!!

And I found this adorable blue little spool trinket box. It opens in the middle for storing all the money you save by not going to Joann's!!!!!!!!! LOL

I was going to use my 40% off coupon for these cute Fons & Porter storage boxes but guess what??? They were on sale. LOL They were regular $12.99 but on sale for $7.99.

I put some things away already and I'm still moving stuff around in both rooms. I was hoping to sit and sew by the weekend but my hubby told me we're going to Palmdale for a car show. We'll stay with my nephew and his wife. No worries. There's a quilt shop up there. Juuuuust kidding.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought those same thimbles at JoAnn a few weeks ago but mine were only on sale at 30% off. I may pop in J today to take a look but my coupons haven't arrived yet. I like the blue spool 'box' too. Have a great day. :)

Terry said...

Wow! Great finds Liz! Your Joannes must be way better than mine because the one here doesn't ever have much of anything like that. :0/

Briarose said...

I love, love those thimbles. But, we don't have a Joann's here in Canada. Why do you have all the fun shops? Claire

Deb said...

oh man, i want some of those buttons and that thread trinket box is the bomb--errrrr, i mean thread! Love it. Hope they still have some in a few weeks when i get to the city! Be glad you dont live in Green Acres!

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

OMG Liz, I've got to make a trip tomorrow to see if our have the buttons. I really like them and I have to tell you I haven't posted yet, but I went to Kohls and found big black letters and spelled out SEW with them to go above my window. I'm still not through with my sewing room.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Robin said...

omg those buttons are so cute!!! I gotta go to Joann's now..gee Liz, thanks for helping me figure out what to spend my extra money on! LOL "extra money"..is there really such a thing? LOL

Laura-IH said...

Aaaaaaaaaah! Stop making me want to go to JoAnne's!!!