Friday, November 30, 2012

Mic-key M o u s eeeee!

A family friend, Brenda, has the cutest little boy named Mason.  It's Mason's 1st birthday party tomorrow so I offered to help out by doing up some decorations.  I used my daughter's Mickey Mouse Cricut cartridge.  What a great and easy theme for a party.  The colors are great and Mickey is a classic.  We should all hold up so well!!
 
First, I did a banner with the Mickey icon that was about 10" tall.  I ended up using a little punch to attach them together and little black brads.  I just forgot to take a picture after it was done.  I gave my oldest dd specific instructions to take a picture at the party tomorrow.  I've had a cold and I'm not going to go.  :o(
 

I also made little centerpieces for the tables.  These aren't finished either.  lol  Brenda has the shredded paper that goes inside the bucket so they will be put together at the party tomorrow.  This was my prototype.

 
I decided to use the cartridge (while it and all the mess from the projects was out on the table) to make Mason's birthday card.  I've never made cards with layers like Mickey has but they are fairly easy to do.  I like the way the card came out but honestly, Mickey makes the card. 


I'm so bummed I'm missing the party but I'm sure everyone there will appreciate that I kept my cooties to myself.  :o(

No comments: