Friday, June 15, 2012

American Jane Trunk Show

Sandy Klop of American Jane fabric line for Moda was the guest speaker at our guild meeting on Tuesday.  I don't get to too many meetings.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe because I do the Yahoo quilt group and have my social time with "real people" on Thursday nights with my girlfriends.  I do get the newsletters though and when I saw it was going to be an American Jane quilt show, I knew I didn't want to miss it.  I didn't want to go alone so I wrote my wise older sister Isabel and told her my dilemma.  She said she would go if it she were me.  (And honestly, she loves American Jane fabrics.  I think she wished she was me for just a minute.  Just a minute and then she would come to her senses!  lol)

This is Sandy at the podium giving us a little background on herself.  She is a sweet and funny lady.  Her life is very interesting and if you ever get a chance to see her, do it!


Here are a few pictures I took of the quilts.  Unfortunately, I was sitting in the middle of the room and every time I zoomed in on a quilt, it darkened the photo.  It was something about my flash I guess.  This was one of the better ones.  This one of her current patterns and this was the quilt she was teaching a workshop for the next day.  Ohhhh, don't you know I wish I didn't have to work!!!  Me and Isabel both both templates to make this quilt when we were at Road to CA.  It's on our to-do list.  *That is one whopper of a list!*

I believe this was a BOM she did with her group.  Isn't this a striking quilt?  The picture doesn't do it justice.  The whole room moaned when they opened it up. 


This one is a school quilt.  From the first block where the school bus is there to the last block where she is buying new school clothes, it covers it all.

This one was inspired by the Pennsylvania Dutch.  Little floating blocks!  Adorable.

If you would like to see the entire album of pictures, I put them on my webshots and you can see them here.

No comments: