Monday, June 25, 2012

Aches, Pains and Stampin' Up! Sunday

Where do I start?  Guess I'll start by saying I'm going in to have back surgery tomorrow.  That will probably mean no crafty posts for a while.  Since I can post to blogger from my iphone though, when I'm feeling better, maybe even from the hospital (bored stiff), I'll pop in and let you know I'm fine.  If you don't hear from me, just know I'm probably heavily medicated and in a happy place.  lol
And to add insult to injury (pun intended), I pulled a muscle in my leg on Friday night.  I couldn't even walk and thought I ripped a tendon but was assured if I had, I wouldn't even be able to walk.  So, I missed the craft show with the girls on Saturday but sent my make-up bags for them to sell.  None of the vendors did very well but it was the first time the event added vendors and no one came prepared to shop.  No worries for us because it can just sit as stock until the next event.  Anyway, I iced my leg off and on all day Saturday and was 70% better on Sunday.  I was even able to climb the stairs at work today.  Yay!  And YES, I'm at work today even though I should be at home preparing for surgery!

Yesterday was my daughter Stephanie's Stampin' Up! Big Shot class.  We made four projects.  We decorated this jar with rosettes made with the Stampin' Up! Designer Rosette maker die.  You can make them without the die by scoring the paper but boy, this was much easier!!

The other three projects were a little memory book, a treat box and a flower clip.

This is the memory book sample.  We used the argyle embossing folder (gray background) and a Hostess stamp set called A Little Ocassion.  There are so many cute little designs and borders on it.  VERY cute set!

This is my book I made.  Stephanie ran out of gray paper so I got a pinky orange.  I don't remember the name of the color it it worked out fine.  Of course, I used the scissors from the same stamp set.  I just need to find some pictures of craftying pictures to tuck inside.  They'll have to be small pictures as the pages in this little book measure about 3x3".

Here is the inside of the book.  It only uses one 12x12" sheet of designer series paper.  We embellished the pages with punched shapes.  Real cute idea.

This is the sample candy box Stephanie did.  We the same Hostess stamp set, the Candy Wrapper die, the argyle embossing folder and some punches.  This would be an adorable baby shower favor.

This is the one I made.  Would be perfect for a baby's first birthday.


Okay, that's it for me.  If you wouldn't mind, please keep me in your prayers.  Me and the surgeon can use all the help we can get!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying all goes well for you tomorrow.

Angela said...

Cute stuff as usual!!!!! Love you and praying for a super speedy recovery. I may even call Richard on Wednesday to check on you. You gave me his number at retreat :o)Just keep focused on how much better you will feel in a month!!!!!

Susie said...

HI Liz, I hope everything goes well and you will be back in no time (no pun intended). Will be thinking about you. Susie x

The Other Barb said...

Your blog always inspires me to get my stamps out & create. Wishing you a quick recovery. Your will be in my thoughts & prayers.

Robin said...

Awesome projects Liz and good luck with your surgery! Keep us posted!

Conni said...

Praying for you! Hoping the recovery is fast.