Monday, March 22, 2010

My sister LOVES me!

And I love her too. (I'll tell you why in a minute) lol She has a B-I-G birthday to celebrate and she wanted to go to Disneyland. She hadn't been then in years so that's what she asked for. Her Birthday wish came true as her boys, hubby, DIL and "me" joined her on Saturday. I had a connection and was able to get us all in for free. Woohoo! Good thing cuz we needed money to pay for the expensive food! :o) It was blue skies and just a tad warm but not too hot. It was a great day to celebrate with family at the Happiest Place on Earth!

And as if it was MY birthday or something, my sissy brought me a bag full of fabric when she came over! Woooo----hooooooo! She had two bins of Civil War fabrics and shirtings. She isn't that found of them anymore and wanted to cut down her stash. And just last week she met a woman in an applique class who was making a Dear Jane quilt. And supposedly, if you're making a DJ, you shouldn't repeat any fabrics so Isabel, aka, The Giver (lol), went through her bins and split her fabrics in three piles. If it was a yard, I got a half and she kept a fat quarter and gave the other lady a fq. If it was smaller, she just cut it in three but I didn't have many small pieces in my stack. As you can imagine, the woman was ecstatic as was I!! I've got to come up with a project for this stack of fabrics. It's delicious!

She also brought me a roll of batting. We decided to split a roll because we both have so many quilts to finish. What a decision that was! There are so many types of batting out there. I had purchased a roll of Hobbs Heirloom 80/20 a couple of years ago and it worked fine but we thought we'd try a roll of Dream Cotton. We finally decided on the Blend and we each got 15 yards. It feels dreamy and soft and I think I'm going to like working with that.
My daughter came over on Sunday and worked on some projects that were cute as can be so I'll go load those and share those pictures with you soon. Maybe even later today! :o)

1 comment:

greetingarts said...

Ooooh, this weekend was a perfect one for Disneyland. We thought about it, but had too many obligations. Glad you took advantage of it for us. Can't wait to see what you come up with for those stacks of fabric, you lucky girl! What, no Dear Jane for you? :0) Ha!