Friday, December 12, 2008

Raise your hand if you love Christmas!!

I do, I do! I got some lights on the Christmas tree last night but didn't get finished. After running errands last night and having dinner, I got a late start. I had to use a couple of the strands of lights that are for the tree for some that burned out in garlands in other areas of the house. I have to make a Target run after work and can probably finish with one strand of lights. Maybe I better buy three! My daughter Ashley and her boyfriend were at the house last night and he watched me while I was wrapping the lights around each branch and seperating the layers. Dave said something to Ashley, as for just her to hear. "Man, your mom really puts on the lights yeah?" I kept saying that I wasn't going to have enough lights and I had 4 baggies left to put on. But this mama knows her trees cuz sure enough, I ran out with about a fourth of the tree still to go. Right now it looks like this....

I know the picture is dark but if I put my flash on, you couldn't see the lights. And it's ALL ABOUT THE LIGHTS! lol

My sister asked me yesterday where I get all my mini ornaments. Mostly it's from Gooseberry Patch and craft shows. Then last year, I bought a new set at Hallmark. They are stinkin' adorable and red mini kitchen gadgets so how could I resist? Well, I did resist at first. They were $14.00 (I think). I thought I would wait for after Christmas but was afraid they wouldn't be around after so I paid full price. When I opened the box this year, I was so glad I did. Here are some pictures of them on my little 3' kitchen tree. This is the rolling pin and red handled cookie cutters. (The green handled cutter is from Gooseberry Patch. Another purchase!)

Look at how itty-bitty the cookie cutters are!

There were also red handled untensils, a clear measuring cup, a container that looks like the old sugar container like at soda fountains and coffee shops.

I know the picture is blurry but look at these teeny measuring spoons. Can you see why I couldn't resist????
Have you had enough? Oh, maybe just a few more....... I also bought a cute set from Gooseberry Patch. It was jam jars....
...little canisters....

...and a little cocoa mix!

Oh, that was so fun. I can't wait to get home and see my little toys all over again. :o)

5 comments:

greetingarts said...

Howdy, stranger! :0) I've got those mini kitchen ornaments from Hallmark, too. Love them, and I was lucky enough to get mine after Christmas last year. I don't even let myself walk by a Hallmark store *before* the holiday because then I would find too many decorations I couldn't live without.

Angela said...

Oh these minis are adorable. They are Hitty sized!!!!!!!!!! :o)) And you know what a sucker I am for anything Hittyish!

Conni said...

Cute itsy-bitsy ornaments!!

Laura-IH said...

Oh, Liz, those ornaments are adorable! LOL @ Ange--Hitty size? Liz better keep an eye on her tree 'cause I think Hitty wants to do some holiday baking! ROFL!

paront1222@comcast.net said...

Those ornies are soooo cute!!! Hallmark you say????

Peggy