Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I'm here, I'm here....and Happy New Year! :o)

I hope you're all doing wonderfully and had a nice Christmas. I enjoyed all of the festivities and my hubby and kids spoiled me rotten with gifts. I've been searching on my two memory cards from my camera trying to find the picture I took of the Christmas tree all purdy with all the presents underneath, but I can't find it anywhere. Hmmm, do Santa's Elves do tricky things? :o)

Well, moving on without a photo....the holidays..... They are a blessed holiday for sure, but I always take on too much, how 'bout you? I keep telling myself that I am just one person but I take my 24 hours a day and try to pack as much as possible into it without getting sick because I'm not getting much sleep. I just keep singing with Gloria Gaynor in my head (I think that's who sings it), "I Will Survive!" and this year, again, I got through it all. :o) There was that quick trip to the ER Christmas morning with a bladder infection, but hey, that's not too bad for running on empty!

I had 5 days off work, which was wonderful!!! There were some days I was a slug and watched too much tv and even one day I stayed in my jammies!! I love days like that the most. They just don't happen often enough. :o) I did go into my sewing room once or twice but just to tidy things up a bit. There was no sewing.

The last few nights after work, I've been working on swaps for the Backporch Friends Yahoo group. I went to Moda Fabrics website and my sister walked me through how to download fabric lines to EQ6. It is so cool to play with fabrics that aren't even out yet!!! So, one of the swaps I will host will be using cherry fabrics and a pattern from Quilters Cache called Swapper's Star.
I made the block and plugged in the pretty cherry fabrics. I know people are trying to finish up projects but I'm hoping we get to make this one. If not, oh well, it'll be on the to-do list for some other day.



I get another few days off to ring in the New Year. I hope you spend yours warm and toasty and safe. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Jillien said...

Liz, Just passing by through the old "next blog" button! You keep a very busy holiday schedule. I wish i had your energy and creativity. Happy New Year from New Orleans.

Angela Yosten said...

YEAH!!! I am so glad you found our download images links on our New fabrics. There is also a link to an Archive of our fabrics now on the What's New page. You'll have to check it out. Pretty quilt... I hope you get to make it too!