Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hustle Bustle

Man, I don't know about you but I am definitely feeling the holiday pressure. I think I've got it figured out though. I put in 8 hours a day at work, stay up til about 11:30 on most nights. That gives me about 6 1/2 hours to do the things I normally do - eat dinner, catch up with my hubby, check e-mail, sew or craft something, sometimes throw in some laundry and housework but I usually save that for Saturday. Sounds like the good life to me. But in December, it all goes out the window. We add shopping (which usually means 'wrapping' too), decorating, making gifts for others, not just buying Christmas cards but the addressing, writing a little note, etc., baking, buying a tree, decorating the tree.....ACK!!!! It's no wonder the primary person who does these things gets a little stressed, cranky and sometimes gets sick.
I'm 51. It took me that long to figure this out. LOL

I've not touched my sewing machine in a couple of weeks. I think I miss it more than it misses me but I'll be back in the sewing room pretty soon. Last night I did some wrapping of the gifts I've gotten so far. If I don't, my kids will go through the bags when they come to visit so it HAD to get done. :o)


My boss was going to Crate & Barrel and I had seen these cute bowls in the catalog. I had her get me a set and she came back with a few extra goodies - a cute snowman dishtowel and chocolate covered marshmallows. Yum!!!
And because I refuse to show yet another stage of those blasted ornaments that I'm still working on (and you can't tell my progress anyway), here are pictures of some of my favorite decorations.
I got this Santa last year at Joann's. I think it's fun to have quilty decorations around the house.
I have a 4' tree in my dining room. I have cookie cutter-type ornaments on it. I got these little aprons at Gooseberry Patch last year. I think they are so cute and usually leave a couple hanging up all year!

I went to a craft show a couple of years ago and got these little mason jars filled with seeds. You insert a mini light in the top and they hang from your tree. They look so cute on this little tree.

Did I say "cute" in each of those descriptions? LOL I love to decorate for Christmas. My kids give me such hard time about it. But that's okay. I do it for me and I really hate taking my decorations down in January. But I guess if we had these things up all year, they wouldn't be so special. I hope you are enjoying the holiday season so far.

3 comments:

Kelley said...

I like those little mason jars, I don't remember ever seeing them though, lol.

Conni said...

Those bowls from Crate and Barrel are adorable!! I just love anything red!!

Laura-IH said...

I love those little aprons! I wouldn't have been able to resist them, either!