Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Today is my boss's birthday. She loves things homemade. The thing is, lately all I do is sew. I don't make that many cards because by the time I get out all my papers and supplies, decide on the layout, the event or holiday is over! lol Last night I decided I HAD to make her a card. I had picked up a gift card from Williams Sonoma. She's quite the shopper and the woman has everything. So, I found one of those big packs of scrapbook paper I must've bought a couple years ago at Michaels. I didn't even know what was in there. Then I found a box of ribbons I picked up at Costco, still unopened! They just so happened to match perfectly. Yay! So I took out a cream colored card and envelope from my stash, put some pretty paper and ribbon on it, stamped a happy birthday greeting, made a flower out of a punch I had (Stampin' Up!) and wahlah, card done and I was very happy with it.
The tin is what I used to put her gift card in. It was recycled from a watch my hubby got a few Christmas's ago. I used the same paper on the plastic insert section, added more of the ribbon and another little flower cut out. Before adding the ribbon, I used ModgePodge to glue the paper down to the tin. I put a strip of matching paper around the sides too. It came out better then I expected!! :o)




3 comments:

greetingarts said...

It really looks great, now aren't you glad you had all those things lying around? I know what you mean about dragging out all the supplies, making decisions, and all that taking waaaay too long. Story of my life! But this time it looks well worth it.

Angela said...

You are so clever!!!!!!!!!!

3anklebiters said...

It pays to be prepared! Great looking card and gift.