Monday, February 4, 2008

Scrap Therapy

I went to a retreat this weekend in Apple Valley, CA. Me and my buddy Sherrie drove the hour and a half to the Ambassador Hotel. The retreat was hosted by our local sewing machine store, Moore's Sewing Center, that opened a new store in that area. It was a really nice set up with the machines provided so no lugging our babies with us. We learned about sorting and cutting our scrap fabrics and made a wall hanging on Sunday. Both of the teachers we had were great. On Saturday we had Scrap Therapy with Joan Ford. http://www.scrap-therapy.com/index.html We cut our scraps into usable squares and started our little the piles in our new clear plastic shoebox. We made star blocks with our freshly cut pieces. I got visions of a scrappy quilt in my future!!! It is very doable and the one thing she said that stuck with me the most is cutting those scraps is VERY overwhelming. Start with a handful. So that's what I'm going to do! (Stay tuned to see how long my the excitement lasts.) lol

On Sunday, we did a wall hanging with Betty Cotton of The Cotton Theory. http://www.quiltyard.com/index.phtml Betty had her daughter Katie with her. What a sweet couple of ladies. The class was great and both Sherrie and I DID finish our wallhanging in the class. Well, almost. We quilted front and back but we need to do is add the binding. Oh, and cut up 3 baskets of scraps, give or take a couple! :o)

1 comment:

Angela said...

teeheeee I need therapy. Just dont know if it is the scrappy kind. Love the wallhanging.