Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Table Toppers...Capeesh!



When we went on the quilt run, there were three of us, Susan, Judy and me.  Judy found a cute table topper in one of the shops and asked if there was a pattern.  They told her it was a free pattern one of their customers brought in.  The topper used a panel and two complimentary fabrics.  I knew I had several panel pieces at home and wanted to try some too.
 
Susan and Judy came over last night and Judy helped with the numbers so I could use my panel to make these flimsies.  Any squares will work, even squares of fabric that aren't panel squares.
 
My squares measured 8" x 8 1/4".  I cut the center square 8" square since the width of the blocks were all the same.  The length didn't matter.  I learned this the hard way and I almost made the same mistake on the next one I made!  (Some people are slow. lol)
 
 
 
This one has various pasta and Italian food for a friend of mine.  She puts on a major Italian feast every year for friends.  I know she'll love it.

 
This one is a variety of foods, salad, dessert, crabs.....
 
 
This one was all desserts.  I'm not sure what I'm doing with the other two yet.  They might go to other family members or I might sell them at the next craft show.


Now to work on finding some backing and batting and get them quilted.  A simple stitch in the ditch first to hold things in place and then to figure out something in the blocks.  I need to practice my free motion quilting with my new machine and table and I think these are the perfect project.

1 comment:

The Other Barb said...

How cute! And they looks so easy~