Saturday, February 23, 2013

It's a finish!!!

Finished the baby quilt!!!  I had a rough go with the meandering.  I'm out of practice and even when I am doing machine quilting like this, I have done it on my friend's longarm machine.  I'm not used to moving the fabric around.  It seems so much more difficult to me but, I have too many UFO's to finish and my friend is not around much so I have to start doing them myself on my domestic machine.  BUT for now....this one is done and labeled and has been given to the mother-to-be.
 

I loved the fabric I used for this quilt.  All from my stash!  Even the backing.  All I used that was a new purchase was the pink polka dot I used for the inner border.  I just got that at Road to Ca a few weeks ago.  I didn't have enough yellow from the border for the binding so I pieced the leftover pieces and I liked the way it looked too.  Use it up, use it up!!


I was down to the wire before the shower today so I just did my 'go-to' saying for the label and stitched it on.  She loved it and that always feels good.


2 comments:

The Other Barb said...

So cute! I love the front...and back~

Robin said...

What a sweet quilt! Love the label!