Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Peppermint Jar giftie

I am a little poorer this Christmas with that hoopla wedding last month.  :o)  I needed a gift for the sweet gal that does my hair.  With helping Kelley do those mustache jars, I thought I could do something similar with the vinyl I have on hand.  Not knowing if Kristy was into mustaches, I figured I would play it safe by making a candy jar.

I got this jar at Goodwill.  I used red, black and white vinyl and the Simply Charmed cartridge.  The layering was a bit tricky with the vinyl and I'm sure there's a youtube video out there with hints but I was on a time restraint and didn't want to get lost in the black hole of cyberspace.  LOL



Here is a close-up of the little face on the "Peppermint" word.  It is a 'one cut' on the Simply Charmed cartridge, although you couldn't see the little face so I touched it a little bit with a fine-tip Sharpie.  I have a few bigger jars that I got at Wal-Mart so I may be trying a few more gifts for Christmas.  Geez, I have 11 days left!!!  Why rush.........  lol


No comments: