Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My cards

Here are some of my cards that I made at my sister's. My daughter Stephanie found this concept for a Stampin' Up! party where you make ten cards for $10 but to make it worth her wile (is that how that is spelled???) at parties, she had to use minimal amounts of embellishments. Isabel and I did pretty good just using contrasting paper and a minimal amount of ribbon, brads, etc. We laughed that we made so many cards and barely made a dent in our paper stash.
And while Isabel was making some of those 40 cards she made, I played with the Cricut. Since the Cricut has to be plugged in and set up, you have to have room to keep it set up. In my craft room, it isn't. Needless to say, I don't use it quite as much as I would like to. And with quilting, it gets pushed back even farther down the crafty ladder. :o) So I used a few different cartridges to make a birthday card for my boss's daughter; Accent Essentials for the background shape (in light blue and black), Nifty Fifty for the little dress and dress form and Alphalicious for the words.
The Easter cards my sister made and the card below were done with stamps from the Easter Blossoms set in the Occasions catalog. If you'd like to see the catalog, you can visit the link above for Stephanie's site. :o)
Off to go unpack all of my stuff from my trip............. No fun.

No comments: