Sunday, January 23, 2011

Jared Takes a Wife

My sister Isabel and I went to Road to CA on Thursday. We took a Bonnie Hunter class (from quiltville.com). The class was called Jared Takes a Wife. Here is Bonnie's sample quilt hanging in the classroom. It's was so pretty.

She shared with us with us a GORGEOUS quilt she is making. You can read more about it here. It was so vintage! The piece she is holding up was one of the borders. So pretty!

These are my quilt block "parts". We did pretty good by getting to this point by lunch break.

The afternoon, we did more sewing and I got three blocks finished before we packed up our stuff at 4:00. Bonnie was fun and it was a great class. I highly recommend any of her classes to anyone. Here are me, Bonnie and Isabel. We're happy cuz we were sewing all day and the next day, we shopped and looked at quilts. Who wouldn't be happy about that!?? :o)

These are my blocks I finished at the class. I auditioned them in the hotel room that evening. I needed to find another fabric for my sashing. This one was a bit too 'peachy'. I found a great subtle floral fabric and am just loving this quilt so far.
Gotta go get busy making more blocks!
If you'd like to see more blocks or class photos, you can see them here.
And here are pictures of the quilts at the quilt show....here.

4 comments:

Terry said...

Your blocks look great! They're going to make a beautiful quilt! :0)

Yvette said...

I am so jealous! I wish I had signed up for one of her classes and stayed the weekend. I am going to put that on my bucket list.

The Other Barb said...

by the looks of these blocks you have done,it will be a beautiful quilt. Glad you have fun~

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Bonnie came to our guild, isn't she great. Love your color choices and it is going to be beautiful. Congratulations to your youngest daughter. Cute couple.