Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pumpkin cake and adorable Frankies!!

Thursday night was TNT (Thursday Night Therapy) and it was just going to be me and Neena crafting. I whipped up a Pumpkin Bundt Cake. You can get the recipe here. Let me tell you, it was yummy with those streusel layers!!! slurp :o)

And this is what we made. Aren't they the cutest little favor boxes ever?!!! You can find the directions to make your own here. They are super easy. The 6" box takes a 12" piece of scrapbook cardstock, some wiggly eyes, glittery felt (which I had never seen before) and a couple of punches. They are so much cuter in person. I hope you can make some for your favorite little ghoul or goblin. My ghouls are grown women but they loved them just as much as a little one. :o)

I used retired Kiwi cardstock from Stampin' Up! For the eyelids, I used a 1 3/4" circle punch and cut it in half. I used my bone folder to 'curl' the eyelids. Neena said our little Frankies needed a scar so we put a few stitches on him.

After making the three big boxes for my girls, I made 4 little ones for friends. For the smaller ones, I cut my paper 9 x 9" and scored them at 3" and 6". I think these were almost cuter because I used the same wiggly eyes and they were sort of big on the little faces.

And now that I did all that playing, today I have to clean the house. :o( I should get time off for making such cuteness but the cobwebs have a different idea.

7 comments:

The Other Barb said...

Cute Frankenstein boxes! Think I'll try the pumpkin cake recipe :)

Briarose said...

But, Liz, cobwebs are part of this season! Why get rid of them? Claire

Amy said...

Clever! The Frankenstein boxes are adorable.

paront1222@comcast.net said...

Liz, those are super cute!!!!
You are so clever :)

greetingarts said...

Ooooh, I know a couple of girls who will love love love those! Thanks, I think yours came out so much cuter than the ones on the Scrapbooking site. You and Neena are the best!

greetingarts said...

Oh, and Claire has a good point. The cobwebs are part of your Halloween decor.

Michelle said...

Those are adorable, Liz! You are so creative!