Saturday, July 1, 2017

Grandma's Kitchen Sew Along by Pat Sloan

Ever since grandbabies and Facebook, I kind of ditched my blog.  But...I realized that my blog was a date book or journal of sorts.  Dates I don't remember, when projects were completed, etc.  So here I am...and I'm going to attempt to keep blogging, if only for me and no visitors.  ;)

Now if anyone has no business starting a project it's me!  But this one called my name.  Pat Sloan is doing a "sew along" called Grandma's Kitchen.  Sharing memories of sitting at Grandma's kitchen table and reminiscing.  I thought about using 30's reproductions fabrics because it just screams for them but I don't have a wall big enough for a quilt so I decided to use something that could be a throw or bed topper.

Most of my fabrics are Holly Holderman.  From the stash, just sitting and waiting for a project.  They are all sitting in a little bin and I will use up what I can each month when there is a new clue.



I bought a new ruler when I saw Bonnie Hunter use it.  I have so many rulers but this one is really awesome.  Not only can you cut off the corners and dog ears, it's got great lines for checking your piecing sizes.  Love it!  It's called Simple Folded Corners by Doug Leko.  I bought it directly from his site.



That's it for my first blog post in over TWO YEARS!!!!  :D

Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

Susie said...

Welcome back, you have been missed! Glad that your life is good so that blogging took a back seat but you are right about it being a journal and I don't do Facebook. Love the new project and can't wait to see how it turns out. Hugs, Susie x