Sunday, August 18, 2013

From Upholstery to Baby Tom's

Another weekend of being in my sewing room for two days.  Man I LOVE weekends like this!!!!  :o)
 
First project was to make cushions for a glider rocker my daughter bought at Goodwill for $25.00.  The cushions from the manufacturer started at $150.  Amazon and Penneys had some too but same thing, $150-$350.  Sheesh. 
 
Friday we went fabric shopping.  I would not have picked this gray if this was for me but this is what Ashley picked out.  She said if they decide to keep it in their living room when they get a house, it will match better than a nursery print.  I suppose....   I still need to make something for the arms but I think I'll just do a band of fabric and stuff it a little.  There are snaps on the bottom of the arms but I'll just use Velcro to attach them.  The snaps look industrial and I have better things to do than to shop for snaps.  lol
 
 
Then my oldest artsy daughter bought a pattern on etsy for a little Tom-look-alike shoe.  I did a prototype to see if they were easy, hard, doable.  They are pretty easy.  And they're SO adorable.  Got the canvas at Hobby Lobby.  There sure aren't very many cute canvases out there.

 
These are the 6 month size...and will be for the granddaughter due in November.  hehe

 
Hope you had a great weekend.....sewing or not.  :o)

No comments: